View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 08:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default SHAKE, RATTLE & ROLL-2007 & other things

wow, what a whirlwind i have found myself caught up in!!! things have moving so quickly that i haven't had time to report back to you. i have been hanging out with the bigshots lately as i have been elected to the mayor of Peoria's commission on the disabled, i have complete access to the powers that be and have been pushing through my own agenda...namely getting community support for a bill that will my friend and brilliant stem cell reseacher, Dr. Craig Cady a grant from the state government for a quarter of a million dollars to continue his groundbreaking work. i am happy to report that the letters to the governor that i have procured from the city council, the mayor, and various other sources are going to be presented to the governor by me & my state senator soon. please say your prayers for our success.
several weeks ago, i was invited to a private reception for Michelle Obama.what an elegant, articulate, energizing and dynamic breath of fresh air!! if you ever have the opportunity to hear this no-nonsense, down-to-earth woman speak, do so.i am so sick & tired of bushes & clintons. Brack Obane is the only vote for change.
even my dear friend who is a republican commitiewoman and been one for 40-some years is prepared to break ranks and vote for Barack after reading his book.
it is now about six weeks until my Shake, Rattle & Roll: An Ice Cream Social for Parkinson's Disease fundraiser. i am so excited about this year's event-we are pulling out all the stops to make this one bigger and better than before, it's not too late to mail a donation or item for our auction or to plan to attend. there are pwp's coming in from all over the states and we have a grand time. please go to www.calipso-pd.org for detais and to see our finalized plans. btw, thanks ray for your "always support." i will call you after the event to fill you in. everyone is welcome to attend...i'd love to be your hostess.

Joan Blessington Snyder 55/17
snyder201@mchsi.com
www,calipso-pd.org
"Hang tough...no way through it but to do it."
Chris in the Morning Northern Exposure

"Hang tough...no way through it but to do it."
Chris in the Morning Northern Exposure
jes123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote