View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Thre are two things on this earth that I cannot stand to smell.

The first is the stuff they use in the nail salons to build up the fake nails. I think it's acrylic or something like that.

I will never forget the first time I smelled this odor.

My friend next door told me she was having extensions put on her nails and why don't I meet up with her a few blocks away so I can see how they are done. Since I never had fake tips or extensions, or whatever you call these things, I said "why not?" WHY NOT???? Well, when I walked in that place and whatever was hanging around in the air, well let's just say I felt like I was in the gas chamber and would die in two minutes.

I had to run out and everybody got hysterical.

There are about 12 nail places within 10 blocks of my house. They leave the doors open (duh, I wonder why)

All I have to do is just pass by the front door and I have to quicken my pace. The smell, odor, whatever they are using to make these nail products, well, I couldn't go inside these nail places if you gave me a million dollars.

And I look in quickly to see if anybody is wearing some kind of masks and only rarely is the person (who is doing the work on the nails), only rarely do I see them with a mask.

Usually, there are just women, laughing, joking, having their nails done, and they are not getting the same effect that I got. I will never understand this.

And sometimes they have their little children in the place with them. I really do not understand this at all.

Now the other thing that I cannot smell is a product that they sell in the 99 cents store. It's the fake knock off of the Clean Shower. The stuff you just spray on your shower and you don't have to rinse. It just cleans your shower walls.

Now, because I spent over $3.00 on Clean Shower, when I used it up, I went to buy the knock-off. Never again.

I sprayed my shower, I was overcome by such a horrible feeling in my head, I had to go and sit on my front porch (It was winter). I had to breathe the air for quite some time. And the odd thing is that for about 30 minutes, everywhere I went I could still smell that smell.

This was a few years ago. I never used this product again.

I just take my shower, use Orange Glo, or something benign and wipe down the bathtub and shower walls.

I'll even use a mixture of bleach and water and spray it and that's it. That does not bother me. It's a very light mixture.

But that knock-off (well, whatever was in it), I had to run outside and breathe.

Why do they sell these things?? And how come some women can go and get their nails done, breathe in that stuff and they don't faint????

dont' understand this at all.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote