View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 08:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi I am new to this forum I used be on Brain talk..to get to the point I have been having problems since the ealy 90's.I am a dental hygienist or was for 20+ yrs. I have been disabled since Jan 2004 and am presently on Social Security disability and fight WA State depart of Labor and Industries to reinstate my pay as the cut me of 14 mos.ago because of an IME that was not an honest write up concerning my situation.I have bilat-TOS with bilat-carpule tunnel and ulnar nerve irritation.My TOS is neurogenic however with that and is common I had a vascular workup that shows I have severe compresion of ateries and veins on the left and mod on the right. Bu this does not mean I have vascular tos it does however prove the nerves as well as the blood flow are being compomised.I started having abnormal EMG studies of the muscles in my left hand in 2002 very slight almost insignificant.with in 9 mos it showed in bboth hands. I knowhave atrophy in both my hands. The state won't allow surgery until thee is 50 percent nerve damage and I am told this type of TOS that doesn't happen mean while the pain is severe unless I absolutely do nothing but lay around.But as soon I start doing anything I suffer for it.I have severe headaches 3-4 x a week where I have to take migraine meds for and I almost always know when I am going to have them because my neck is sp tight and painful. I am having a new IME on the 21st as the state are not recognizing the neck pain ans part of this disorder and on the 21st of Sept I have mediation hearing concerning the headaches as the state doesn't recognize those as well. I am trying to get as much documentation to take to bothe appoints concerning neck pain and TOS and Headaches and TOS.If there are any Dental Hygienist out there with this disorder who has documentation of not just TOS butalos neck injuries being associated with our proffesion that I could give to the IME docs t would really be appreciated.I was just notified on Friday this exam is the 21st and that is only a little over a week away.Anyone with TOS in WA State there is agreat doc at Swidish!!In Seattle!!! Thanks good luck to all who suffer with this debilitating disorder.
ladybird1957 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote