View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 10:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Blank Sad sad sad

Steve,

So sorry to learn about your friend's death. Just another confirmation that life isn't fair.

This week I could really see my father (age 84) slipping farther away -- due to Alzheimer's disease. What an insidious disease. My mother at 80 is caretaker - what a toll on her. Mom & I had such a sad talk during my visit on Friday. She said she that somehow she felt responsible for my brother's death at age 15 (he died from an undiagnosed heart defect), and that she also felt responsible for my PD.

I comforted her as best I could and reassured her that she was NOT responsible for either event! And how terrible for her to be tormented by such thoughts. I hope I managed to turn her mind away from such sad and unjustified guilt. Her life is difficult enough without that self-torment.

On a happier note, the folks at Arizona APDA have cyclists competing in "El Tour de Tucson" in November. Some of the cyclists will ride and fundraise for PD. And AZAPDA is setting up a new program "Partnering for Parkinson's" where a cyclist will choose a PWP to ride on behalf of -- and they will both fundraise for PD. Anyway the local Medtronics' rep for the area has chosen me - we'd worked together on a PD wine tasting fundraiser last year. He's a great guy and is on the Board of AZAPDA. And I am so excited about this!

This isn't the life I wished for, but it is the life I have. So I'm doing my best.
jeanb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote