Thread: Prozac for OCD
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 09:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Prozac for OCD

I have a question. I am new to this site. I had been on Prozac for about 9 years and it was wonderful. It almost totally alleviated all of my OCD symptoms. Well, I was incredibly stupid and thought I no longer needed medication and weaned off of Prozac last October. Needless to say, my OCD came back full force (worse this time around) in March of this year. I honestly thought I was going to die. Well, after a try on Lexapro which made me tired and more depressed I went back on Prozac. I started on 20 mg eight weeks ago, went up to 40 mg six weeks ago, and now have been on 60 mg for 2 1/2 weeks. The last time I was on Prozac 40 mg the entire time. Well, I am really scared. Sometimes I feel like I am feeling better and at other times I feel awful. I know increasing the dose brings increased anxiety, etc., but should I wait with the 60 mg for an extended period of time or do you think Prozac is not working for me this time????
I want this to work again so badly. I know the meds work because it worked for 9 years. I also know I can feel better because I did feel great. Please help me!!!!!!
chickie1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote