View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 04:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
When i was trying to get b12 Methl in the first place, i looked every were, believe me, i don't know what's going with customs theses days but back about 4 years ago i did read that if the Methyl was addressed to a medical person or place it was allowed through, no problems, but later on some of our members in OZ were saying they were getting it in by iHerb company no problems, so i don't know what is happening these days, but it can work out to be a lot of money if customs decides to charge import taxes on it too as well, which i have heard has happened, well its just not feasible unless your very rich.

Its defiantly not worth it when we have Cynocobalamin supplements easily available, and we can get Hydroxocobalamin in injection form from any chemist with or without a doctors script.

I hope Rose will correct me if i am wrong but i think if you use SamE as the methyl donor with cyno b12, it will convert it to methylcobalamin anyway, but most people should be able to convert it in their own system anyway, SamE is pretty expensive as well and i think it can't be used if your on anti depressants.
I had a b12 blood test using 2 or 3 mg daily of Cynnocobalmin supplements for 12 weeks prior to the test, the test showed 750 approx, so i must have been running on empty for a long time before i started taken the cynno.supplements.

This is from Australian Customs - http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=5549
I checked iHerb's website and they say about 5 % of their Australian customers have trouble with customs.

all the best
Brian

Hi Brian,

I was very interested to read that you can get the hydroxy form from your chemist.

I had tried to get it here in Santa Fe a few years ago, and met with no success.

Are you using the hydroxy form?

If so, how much do you use, and what have you noticed in terms of your symptoms after you have a shot?

That's also interesting about the SAMe. I purchased a lot of it, then had a quite bad reaction... so I never used it. Fred on the old BT forum had liked it and appreciated its results...

Fred thought that since I was using the cyano I should use the SAMe. Recently he wrote me that I could have had the severe reaction because of how much cyano I've had and continue to have...

Don't know...

When there's a little less stress, I can try it again... maybe I need to get rid of toxins that the Milk Thistle is missing... then again, I think I took the SAMe before I started on the Milk Thistle.