Thread: Blood Pressure
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 05:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had high BP before RSD. But since major back surgery 11/05 my BP is normal to low at times. Right after surgery like 2 days postop & still in-hospital, they refused to give me any pain meds because my BP was darn low.

Had a left side LSB this morning. My BP was 98/68 before & after 96/66. What can I say??? Pain actually seems to make my BP go lower rather than higher. I have alot of this mmmmmmm what I call, opposite effects from normal to rather rare side effects from medications. I was tried on Topamax. What happens to me???? I end up exhibiting a organic manic high, similar to the manic high that people with bi-polar mental illness exhibit. And no I am not bi-polar, the only mental illness I exhibit at any time is depression.

So this is what I mean by rare side effects. You really have to dig into research to even find anyone who has exhibited this rare side effect from taking Topamax. There are people who post on this web site that remember when I took Topamax. At times it was funny what I did or said, but was also scarey to them also, cause they knew something was 'wrong' but they couldn't put a finger on it or why I was saying or acting the way I was. *LOL* now I can laugh about it, but at the time it was scarey to me also.

DebbyV
Debby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote