Thread: Sciatic Nerve
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 08:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Sciatic Nerve

Hello! I have dealt with Sciatic Nerve pain for a number of years now.

There are ways of dealing with this if you are interested which are not related to a certain medication.

It all depends on how painful your condition is right now, as well as the cause.

Stretching out the leg on a regular basis is very important, keep well hydrated, using the principles of PRICE (Prevention, Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) is helpful as well, for instance if the pain originates in your lower back, use plenty of pillows to help support the area, pillows to prop your affected leg up on when resting, and using a support pillow when sitting for long periods (at the office and in the car). Eating a healthy (anti-inflammatory) diet and the use of a TENS unit can help when your pain is not at level 10. For the serious flares adding an anti-inflammatory and a muscle relaxant can be added to the regime listed above.

I have heard that the use of inserts in the shoes and the correct shoe can also work wonders for this type of pain.

I wish you the best, and hope you find answers to your question soon.
Life is a series of mountains and valleys, some days we travel up the mountain effortlessly, some days we fall into the valley - what's important is.....we get up and climb that mountain again ~Quote by Julia Diemientieff, my Grandmother....Yup'ik Elder from Bethel, Alaska
AK Kid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ridehard2208 (06-12-2011)