View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 11:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Me22-

One of the most common brain vitamins is called Gotu Kola, which has the effect of increasing circulation to the brain (undamaged brain people usually take it to help their memory). It's also wise to make sure you're taking down all of the Omega 3 Fatty Acids that you can get your hands on, as these are essential to proper brain function. Some people will also try 5-HTP, which is an amino acid that the brain uses to produce seratonin, so if you're having problems with depression that might be worth a shot (depression stemming from a brain injury is difficult to treat though, just for the record).

Right now I'm using a product called "neurozyme" from a company called NewChapter (you can find it on the company's website, www.newchapter.com). It's essentially a brain-targeted multivitamin, and I've heard very good things from people about its effects. I've been using it for about a week, and while I haven't noticed any really astounding difference in my day to day functioning, it does appear that my mind is much more resistant to stress now, which is nice. From what I've heard, NewChapter is one of the best supplement companies on the market, as all of the nutrients, oils, vitamins, and etc that they put into their products are super concentrated (supplements aren't government regulated, so you need to be careful to make sure that what you're buying uses a high concentration of the ingredients that you're looking for). They're also not all that expensive... pretty much mid-range in price as far as supplements go (this bottle I have cost $13 and will last me for a month).

If you've got a whole foods, wild oats, vitamin cottage, or any other organic grocer near by I'm sure they'll carry all of NewChapter's stuff, or you could just order from their website. Browse around on there though, they have a lot of good products for a wide range of ailments that are really quite effective (I used a lung boosting formula of theirs a few months ago and the difference was pretty amazing).

Hope this helps...
PCS McGee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote