View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 09:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
Just was directed to your topic here and it was of interest to me.

South East Queenslander here.

I take a 1mg cyanocobalamine sublingual which I purchase from a health food store. I'm very happy with that, but I was just chatting with the naturapath there yesterday and asked her about the availability of the methyl just because I was curious. She looked at me as if I had rocks in my head. lol. Suggested I look into Sports supplements. OK, so I did and there's apparently a shop in Everton Park, Brisbane that sells it.
Hi Lara,

I meant to tell you that the expression of unfamiliarity is not confined to Australia... and it's probably not everywhere in Australia.

When people email me because of my web site I tell them to look for Methylcobalamin... and I know they are paying attention to me. But when they come back from their healthfood store, they more often than not have purchased cyanocobalamin.

One person had purchased a product which said Methyl on it, but had only a trace of Methyl and a huge amount of the cyano...

It's much cheaper to put the cyano into the products, it's been around longer and it's much more common.

In the U.S. I'm never surprised when the profit margin is more important than the amount of health aid... sadly we are, in my opinion, a country where capitalism has run amok... how can anyone be pleased when 10% of the people have 90% of the money?

Well... enough of the economics!