View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 11:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty View Post
thanks again for your comments and advice. It's really helping me to understand my wifes' condition.

Rose, you've said again that sublingual is okay for people with severe malabsorption but I can't get it straight in my head. My wife finds the methyl lozenge (3000mcg) only helps for a short time. For instance she'll take 3 or 4 in a day when she's having a bad week (or month as it's been of late!) but doesn't feel the benefit like she does from the injection, which she's getting once a fortnight. I'm not putting down the lozenges or suggesting they can't work for some people, but surely likewise there are people that don't benefit as much and need the injection. Haven't looked at your site yet but I will very soon - if I'm allowed more than 30 minutes on the computer!

Consider This, thanks again for your comments. Yes, the story on your site is about our family doctor. My wife was at the meeting described. I wanted to ask you how frequent your B12 injections are - I think you commented earlier in the thread you've had them twice a day at times - do you self inject?

I have also read about B12 patches on the internet but they're not mentioned here - what experiences have you all had. We tried to get some but they're not distributed to the UK. It would work out expensive because my wife would have to wear two patches at a time to get the same dose of her injections now.

We're just praying that something concrete happens with regards to diagnosis. Wouldn't it be perfect if school kids got a routine blood test at key stages through their life so if your relatively low it's on your record permanently and can be acted on when symptoms occur - or better still they'll take supplements and never develop the symptoms. How can we ensure something happens? I think web sites are great but if you Google B12 deficiency you get like a million items and get sick of looking at page 3!! Why don't sites like yours crop up in the first few items?

Any ideas?? Thanks for listening.
Hi Matty,

I'm really hoping you come back and post some more from experience.

There's so much to learn, and shared knowledge from experience ... that's one excellent way to find out things that can help.

((((((((Matty)))))))))

Also, I forgot to mention how stoked I was that your wife was actually at the meeting described in the news story.