Thread: Questions
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 11:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
Considerthis I often hear you talk about stress which we all relate to but some it takes a stronger effect on. Have you worked on "coping" mechanisms? I really think biofeedback is so great for anxiety and I'm sure could help with stress too. I think finding healthy ways to cope then for it to build up is so important.

Yes, I hear you.

I'm beginning to wish I'd had more exposure to Buddhism growing up.

One thing I did that has helped a lot was buy a massage chair. I got an iJoy on sale at Sharper Image.

It has been great (except for when it was in the room next to one of my phenomenal leaks).

See, up until recently the most minimal exertion or stress would cause my muscles to contract, thus bending me over. It's from the tetanus nerve damage. I look like a survivor of BAD osteoporosis.

But with the massage chair, it relaxes the muscles.

I know it's dumb that I can't relax them myself, all on my own. But I can't.

There is just soooo much stress, relating to my condo and the privy pit and the hydrogen sulfide... and then the foreclosures and the state court refusing to accommodate my disability AT ALL.

It's just so frustrating.

For almost two years I was living on $11 a week, (additionally I paid my web hosting, I did that first because to me it is SO important that people understand about B12 and how it can protect them from the kind of nerve damage I have.)

When there's on going poverty, I don't think there's an easy way to do biofeedback... especially if there's any cost involved.

But, if someone has the money, if indeed I'm right about there being a cost involved, then I bet it's great.

As an aside, my massage chair was around $300. Which has been money Well Spent.

I got it after I sold my rental... Whew. I was soooo lucky I was able to protect it from the state court long enough to sell it. The state court very much wanted to take it away from me... and I think the state court is angry that I won over them using federal law, and that is a part of the reason they foreclosed and sold my condo behind my back...

See, it's just sooo stressful.

And then there can be other elements of stress as well.

Thank you for thinking about me, I really appreciate it.

((((((((((daniella))))))))))))