View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 11:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi daniella,

I agree with Silverlady, your mom is so important in your life, it may be an extreme shock and therefore very stressful for you if you move away.

The temperature thing is really a problem, though. I agree.

For instance, my house has been around 70 degrees inside. Outside it's been in the 90s.

So it's surprising to me that if I'm in bed watching telly without my feet under the covers they begin to ache.

I think that somehow the PN affects how quickly our feet can adapt to temperature changes. That doesn't seem to follow, the way that I've written this, and I can't think how to better explain what I mean right now. (I'm just sooo tired... the dang stress!)

Last winter what I did was order these 60 degree below zero socks and I cut the tops off them so there wouldn't be any restricting elastic.

I also got some 20 below ones which were not very much help.

I don't keep my place very hot in the winter, I hope to keep it above 50 but don't always succeed.

I have a fleece jacket I can wear in the house on the cold days... when it's 9 degrees outside, then I have a hard time. And then if I get bone cold, I tend to have serious nerve repercussions.

One thing that's been really important for me is staying well enough to be able to get a bit of exercise.

When I exercise in the morning, it improves my metabolism all day long, and with my metabolism chugging along at a little higher rate, it keeps me warmer...

(so I wonder if that means I should exercise late in the day during the summer???????)

((((((((((daniella)))))))))))

(My mom was seldom any help to me, so I think you are very fortunate.)