View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 02:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Spinal clumping after spinal fusion - please help !! desparate for answers

Hi all,

My name is Kim. I am from Brooklyn. I had a spinal fusion and laminectomy done by supposedly one of the Best Docs in the state - well he turned out to be the worse!! First and foremost, if you are ever considering surgery in NYC by an orthorpedic surgeon, please let me know and I'll tell if it was my doc. He is very arrogant and even suggested to me that I was crazy and that I would feel better upon returing to work (after months and months of telling him I was in more pain post surgery) when in fact it turns out I have slight nerve clumping possibly due to inflamation to arachnoid sac (inner most sac of spinal sac). Well this condition has a slew of systoms; a lot of which I have; abdomen (groin) pain, swelling, numbness and burning, back and left leg pain that is burning ,stabbing, numbness, bladder problems. I found this out a few weeks ago and it could possibly indicate arachnoiditis which I am sure I have because of my symtoms. Has anyone ever had this? Do you know treatments? Will it get worse? What helps for pain? I take Baclofen and Oxy with very little relief. Should I continue with PT? I fear this has made it worse as I am in worse pain now after 2 months of PT. Does it go away if it is caused by surgery? A NS told me it might go away. I don't know anymore. I have a lot of distrust for the medical world. Docs lie to cover their mistakes reguardless of how much pain a patient is in and most of the supposedly very best docs do not take insurance and charge $600 per visit. Well I'm not paying that kind of money for a possibly an incorrect diagnosis! My stupid surgeon even had an MRI with contrast and CT Mylogram done post spinal fusion surgery and for some strange reason, the clumping was not reported?? Very weird as I've already had two docs confirm that it should of showen up on the films. I am getting the films this week and will bring them to at least 5 different Nueros to get their opinion on films and my condition. Does anyone think I have a law suit if condition is on films and my stupid surgeon didn't tell me? I have already done a ton of research on the condition and it is terrifying me. Any info would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks sooo much and I hope soon they find a cure for all of our pain - Kimmi

Kimmi
kimlisafreeman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote