Thread: Blood in Urine?
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi Ellie, I hope all is well there? Says you're 'sick' in your mood button, so I'm hoping that's not something to do with this urine issue.

Just wanted to say something else about urine tests. One thing that is always noted apart from testing for protein etc or a culture., is what the urine actually looks like. Some urine samples that have blood in them are really cloudy and coloured, whilst others that have very minute amounts of blood will be clear and look like they usually do. There are so many reasons to have blood in the urine and a lot of times a patient can be symptom free. Sometimes this resolves just fine on its own but other times it doesn't. Apart from very serious conditions which can cause this to happen, it can also happen as Cara mentioned, with certain medications. As far as I know, certain viral illnesses can cause this to happen as well.

Don't panic if your doctor wants to do blood tests or other tests if she/he's concerned. Better to know what's causing this. Any sign of a fever or really bad headache or pain though, get straight back to the doctor.

Feel better soon!
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote