View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 04:59 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat265 View Post
I know that if you experience heart palpitaions B vitamins (i think b6) is suppose to help. I seem to have the opposite happen to me. I maybe wrong, but it seems every time I take B I get heart palpitaions. It's like a flip or a kind of flutter in my chest but it also takes my breath away and makes me cough. I have had it checked out by a doctor. He did an EEG witch did show an irregular rythem. He then had me where a 24 hour haulter and did a echo of my heart. Both came back normal. Once I stopped the B it went away. Has anyone else had this happen to them?
Hi cat, just read your message and wanted to mention something else about your first post although it's something rather off the topic that's developed. I just wondered if you had normal liver function?

You mentioned only taking a very small dose of Niacin / B3 (25mg I think you said in a later post) but some people are extremely sensitive to Niacin. Because I get major flushing problems and feel really edgy with even small doses of regular Niacin, if I'm taking niacin I find it better to take a no flush niacin. I sometimes get this mixed up but I'm pretty sure it's nicotinamide or niacinamide that is the no flush niacin. In the usual B complex they tend to use nicotinic acid.

Anyway, sorry to go back to the beginning there, but it was just something I thought of when reading your first post.

take care,
Lara
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote