View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 05:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Not sure

Steff,
I think all of us are in pain. It is just different levels of pain. Some of us have been lucky enough to find something to take for the pain. Some of us live with it but maybe not well.

I just got out of the hospital. I had spontaneous stress fractures in my sacrum. (that's the bottom of the spinal area). I was in horrible pain. And most of it was neuropathic pain. Some from the breaks but a lot of it was because my sacrum is fractured accross the level of the spine that is called S-3. That's the S-3 vertebra. I also have small fiber sensory neuropathy. It's much worse in one leg than it is in the other one. I limp 24-7. It is difficult to follow conversation because of the level of pain. I also have difficulty standing because of the pain. Like you it gets to where it feels like a vise in my legs and it feels as if someone is crushing my spine from the top down. But I refuse to go to a wheelchair. I keep pushing. Sitting down frequently.

When I go out, I am careful to be sure that I've only parked a few feet from where I'm going and a trip to the grocery store or any other large place requires a motorized scooter. My life is very limited. But..

I've found ways around things to keep living my life. Is it easy?...NO..but the alternative is that I give up what I call a "normal" life.

I wish I could tell you what the answer is. But all I can recommend is that you find a neurologist who specializes in neuropathy. And find a good pain clinic. I wish you luck.

Billye
Silverlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote