View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 06:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default arachnoiditis

Hello
I am a victim/sufferer of chemical arachnoiditis. As many people know, there is no cure, treatment available to this day. Only painkillers, anti-depressants, anti-convulsants, opioids are available to deal with neuropathic pain. Many patients find themselves in this predicament after sugery, epidurals and myelograms. Although myelograms are not in use as frequently as they were before the MRI. I have had arachnoiditis for over thirty years, I am now 56. I managed to have a productive life until my 53rd year then hell breals loose.
Although, today, I can honestly I manage well. I am out of my wheelchair, use a cane for balance only or for sudden sharp pain, electric discharges etc. Other than that, my life has improved tremendously since three years ago, I was in a wheelchair.
My ways of coping with this man made disorder is the following: meditation, relief of stress, belief in Oversoul, belief in myself, alternative medicine, joyous homelife, supporting husband and family, anti-depressant for the pain at low dosage, not for depression, painkillers as needed. Searching for more solutions, advocating for stopping of unnecessary surgeries, epidurals in all situation until such time aneasthesiologists can understand and develop a conscience about the damages they inflict to ordinary people like myself and to deal with a life that is destroyed.
If any of you wish to find out more about arachnoiditis, please visit my website which is at the moment a little bit in limbo as I am redoing it. There is an enormous amount of information out there, there are so many people whose lives have been touched by this disorder. There is an enormous amount of scientific data on the internet since arachnoiditis is present in france, england, ireland, bosnia, canada, italy, usa, and I forget the others. So if you wish to know more, please contact me at the following address:
vermeirenart@gmail.com
A pleasure to share my info with you and to speak with you.
Louise
arachnoiditiscanada.com
vermeirenart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote