View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 06:43 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hey your doses of ....

synthroid are mini compared to mine.... I've been on the lowest 50 to a hi of 125 or 150, don't recall as it was a while ago....I'd gone down to 88, had a 'flare up' and am now in the low hundreds...for a while.

Has anyone done a doppler of your thyroid yet? I ask as it's now often an in-house, non-invasive look at what the 'gland' is like, rather than what it should be. [Doppler is a no-brainer exam, truly] Going on to the parathyroid, I gather is a different, less easy animal to examine - sigh. Worth asking a few 'sillly questions' about tho...mite get the docs' gray matter functioning and actually do something to make both you and he/she happy.

I too have to go back over some old and very old tests to see if any auto-immune thyroid testing was done [and, some of it as far back as yours! Congrats to you!] I think it was not done at all consistently until this spring...often simply a TSH and occasionally a T3-T4 thrown in for luck...but not regularly. Somehow think it WILL be a 'regular' now?

I've found that straight facts, about doses/meds and how they work or not, and what is changing now is the bestest, most honest way to 'present' your case... Remember you can cry and have a tantrum while driving home from that appointment for the good or bad then...Goodness Gracious! Don't want to become 'LABELED' as emotional, now, do we? - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote