View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 11:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default gladly....

Hi,

Just read your post and wanted to let you know that I have not taken calcitonin or cyclosporin. I did have a bone density scan done that showed no bone loss as of right now, thank god, but from what I have read that is what those drugs are used for. As for the supplements I just want to make it clear that I am not a doctor and can only speak for my own personal experience, with that being said I will tell you that NAC actually stands for N-acetycystine, it is an amino acid that is supposed to be a free radical scavenger and is used frequently in the Netherlands to treat our disease. I purchase it through an organizaion called Life Extension and it only costs about $10.00 a month and I take 600mg twice a day. I also take an amino acid called D,L phenylalanine that I also purchase through Life extension and I take 500mg twice a day. If you do intend to take the NAC please be aware that it drains the body of vitamin c so you must take that also. As far as my pain is concerned it has truly gone from about an 8 to a 4 in general. As for the muscle wasting I haven't found anything yet to help with that but I research everyday and I hope to find something soon I take sublingual b-12 (methycobalamin) at least 5mg daily for my nerve pain in addition to 300mg neurontin at bedtime and honest to God has made a huge difference. I have lots of other info. and ideas but my boyfriend is sleeping right now and that's where all of my stuff is. If you want to p.m me tomorrow I'd be glad to talk more about anything you're interested in, sometimes it helps just to bounce ideas and past experiences off of others. I also don't want anybody on this forum to get upset about anything I'm saying, taking or doing, I'm truly sorry that you are suffering and I know exactly what you mean about taking all the meds. I do still take lots myself Well, gotta go and I truly look forward to hearing from you, I hope you have a comfortable night! jenny
jennyk38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote