View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 04:40 AM
artist

artist

Jewells - you made it, great news...got anyone's email addies? Trying to spread the word. So good that you're here, this is really beginning to feel like home...sigh....

HopeLivesHere, your post -
"ARTIST -]I don't see how you can go on using the rSD hand/arm so much.
It must be torture to use it all day everyday."

The RSD is in my left hand/wrist; I'm right-handed, so all the work is done by the right hand and the left just assists now and then - but the rsd has actually lessened somewhat over this year, and apart from the first 6 months has never been as bad as many people's on the forum.

Up till 6 months ago never had a problem in the right hand bar a painfully deformed little finger, from arthritis. But I'm now getting a problem with it caused by, take your pick: spine doctor say spinal stenosis, ortho says maybe RSD spread, I say feels like general peripheral neuropathy with a lot of repetitive something syndrome. Normally it's OK, but whenever I use it for too long (and the time is shortening fast) it becomes horribly painful. Yet a night's sleep sets it back to OK, whereas the RSD arm never gives up.

It's a puzzle. Anyway, the job I've just finished is unusual, I don't normally need to spend anywhere near that amount of time on anything. It WAS torture! I don't have any choice, BTW, live alone (well OK, with dog) got no dosh so gotta work. C'est la vie. Hey, this is incredibly rude of me, but I simply can't remember anyone on BT1 called Hope....either you've changed your name or I've been taking too much neurontin (very likely!). You're right, though, no I wasn't posting much - had a stomach ulcer problem, and while all the tests were being done for the spine issues, I needed to kind of step back. Suddenly the future seemed very dangerous, because the stenosis will, I think, eventually close me down.

But not yet! Oh no, baby....also, something seemed to have gone out of the other forum - not just me, but many of the diehards posted seldom...dunno, seemed to have lost it's sparkle.

Whereas *this* place, whole different story .

Time for the dog to take me for a walk,
take care, all the best

Last edited by artist; 09-26-2006 at 05:56 AM. Reason: I'm a tweaker...
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote