View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 08:18 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Daniella:

I think she means that when you use a cheap teflon pan, the teflon coating can come off and go into your food. Not healthy at all.

The stainless steel pans are better. Just use Pam or PUR, or some healthy no stick alternative.

I hate food when it sticks, Drives me nuts.

And the fact that you overcame anorexia is a major cool thing.

My friend is battling Stage 3 lung cancer (doesn't look good) but what's doing her in is her anorexia. She's 59, and has it since she's about 19 or so.

Cost her her marriage, her kids, her whole family can't stand her. They blame her for everything. They think "why can't she just eat".

I once tried to explain that it's a disorder, but they just wrinkled their noses.

Yeah, I know, some people get it, and some people don't.

She has been in and out of eating disorder clinics many many times. Not one of them ever took. I never understood why.

She would be riding in the car with me and ask "Melody, how many calories are in a piece of lettuce"??? That one really got to me. I just said "we are not going in that direction today, we are going out to dinner".

She actually ate a swiss cheese omelette with lettuce and tomatoes. I was thrilled. I had actually never seen her eat anything in my life.

But now, with her illness, she's not eating anything. She must have some strong heart to have lasted this long.

So you pat yourself on the back. It's not easy, I fully understand this.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote