View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 08:39 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Beth,

I wanted to say how much I admire anyone who keeps working through all you are going through with the RSD and TOS.

I wish you could get in PT. I know with the TOS the posture is all messed up.
My neck is still messed up. I hold my head wrong. Also my shoulders are up to high. I am better though after having the therapy.

They stretched my arms and fingers and worked on my ribs. The way I looked when I got the TOS is that I was afraid of everything. I looked like a shriveled up old woman. One Dr. even referred to me as having the body of an 80 year old. The more I think about it that's how I looked before therapy. They worked on my neck, and back also. It took a lot of therapy to get me better so I know for you it would be expensive. There might be a place tied in with a hospital near you that will go by your income. We have one here like that.

I don't know what kind of job you do but if it's repetitive or typing it only makes the TOS worse.

To me the TOS is just as bad as the RSD in a lot of ways. The pain from TOS is horrible as anyone with it knows. After my surgery on my right side I am much better but I still have it on the left side and I have to watch what I do.

As far as councelling, I am so thankful for it because it helps me to accept where I am at and to deal with anything that comes up. It also gives a person someone they can confide in and know it won't go any farther. It helps with self esteem and being ok with where a person is in life.

I know though that when a person has no insurance it's very hard. i went 5 years with any so I did without meds a lot of the times. I didn't know at the time that companies will furnish meds that a person can't afford.

I hope you start seeing some better days soon. You are a very strong woman.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote