Thread: Newly Diagnosed
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 09:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Truth, glad to meet ya but sorry it has to be here.

Joan is absolutely right about how different all patients are, and what works for one will not work for the other. Joan seems to do better w/o narcotics, and does well with meds like Neurontin. I, on the other hand, cannot handle meds that screw with my serotonin levels, like neurontin or elavil. But I do well on the opiods like morphine and the contins. Actually, mmj (medical marijuana) works best for me, but that's a tricky road to travel on, what with all the legal issues. I live in a "Green State", yet the feds override our state laws and make the dr.s afraid to prescribe it for fear of losing their licenses.

It can be very frustrating to be an rsd patient, make sure you demand the appropriate explanations or definitions from your dr.s. Some dr.s aren't very good at talking to patients, or explaining things in detail. With a condition such as rsd, you must have those explanations so that you can do your own research and make your own decisions. YOU are your own best advocate!

Best of luck, Truth... we're here when you need us.

Rogue

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote