View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 04:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Vicc. First, I've read all that you've written over the years and I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the work you've done to break down all the mumbo jumbo to a more managable level. I've read lots of mumbo jumbo and technical papers until my brain leaked out, but pushing on has helped explain a great deal as well.

What you say here makes a great deal of sense. I can't think of anything specific to question that you've put down. There was one thing that did pop to mind while reading this. I read somewhere, I'm pretty sure it was one of those mumbo jumbo papers, that after having RSD for as little as 6 months, the nerves, specifically in the affected limb are damaged beyond repair. I believe they mentioned nerve endings as well.

Seeing as we're talking about the same here, is that true? Have you found in your research that the nerves and/or nerve endings become damaged beyond repair? To me, this makes quite a lot of sense actually given the nature of RSD and all that it does to our bodies from the inside and the way it spreads through our body as well. I almost picture in my head, a tiny little army of invaders on the march reeking havoc and leaving destruction behind on our nerves, nerve endings and also cell damage, behind them as they move where they will.

I mention cell damage because it was another thought that has occured to me some time ago. With the reduced/restricted blood flow to the affected limb/limbs, is it bound to also damage or destroy cells or change the function of cells in our bodies?

This has all been floating around in my head for a long time now and since you've done so much, I can only hope that maybe the things I mention here can be either confirmed or denied and why. I have always had an insatiable need to KNOW stuff and like a little kid, ask why?

Thank you for taking the time to help us all understand the why of this horrible conditon we live with every day.

Karen

PS. I agree with Liz, that demented moth comment had me laughing hysterically as well and is sooooooooo appropriate!!! LMAO

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.