View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Not having your daughter is probably a good thing?

It is YOUR appointment, it should be 'professional' quality time between you and your doc.
Doppler I had recently was a no-brainer kind of thing, Done in-office and well, DONE! It was a more 'fussy' procedure the decade plus ago when I'd had my last one.

DO do some homework about any other meds you are taking tho...some things, such as synthroid do not like to be taken within 2+ hours of other meds. That is in the fine print called 'prescribing information' ...if no connection or problem is 'found' call each med manufacturer and ask. That's what those 800 numbers are for! I've found the folks who answer to usually be very helpful - but expect to spend at least 20 minutes with each uninteruppted. They do track all this stuff and report to the FDA who tracks it all from all over. If we relied on docs to 'report' our problems, we would have no meds removed from the markets due to 'adverse reactions'.. You can also be kept up-to-date on any key med interactions that crop up-either thru the med-web sites or the FDA.

Pity we can't get revenge on the horrible docs. Wish WE the patients could do some sort of acknowledgement for the good ones! Nite and day the differences!

I am imagining all kinds of apparel one might wear when going to a doc's ...thing is, you gotta 'undress' on occasion and re-dressing could be awkward without your squire! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote