View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 07:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi to everyone

Hate to jump in here late, but I just noticed Silver Lady's earlier post to Steff, and found it very interesting ... because the following excerpt looks like something that I would have posted about my own condition. How close our symptoms and conditions seem to be.

"It's much worse in one leg than it is in the other one. I limp 24-7. It is difficult to follow conversation because of the level of pain. I also have difficulty standing because of the pain. Like you it gets to where it feels like a vise in my legs and it feels as if someone is crushing my spine from the top down. But I refuse to go to a wheelchair. I keep pushing. Sitting down frequently."

Anyway, you mentioned that you have to sit down frequently. And I wondered If that's because you're tired, or because the pain is greatly reduced, when you're off your feet?

I learned from a neuro doc yesterday that because my pain lessens greatly while sitting, (for other reasons too), that it wasn't PN, per se ... and that my pain and discomfort were emanating from pinched nerves in the L4- L5- S1 area of my lower spine ... which he called it Compressive Neuropathy.

In an attempt to shorten this ... he'll need to review the latest MRI films, but felt reasonably sure he could surgically open and repair this area and free the nerves ... and I would be relatively pain free. And maybe, just maybe, be able to walk again!

I'm trying hard not to consider this a done deal quite yet, because a lot could happen, and there have been so many disappointments in the past ... but at the very least, there is some reason for optimism.

I know all of you have been involved with PN and this board, for a much longer time than I, and this is probably redundantcy from a newbie, but I thought I'd pass this on, just in case it might help someone. The other reason for my post, is that I am so happy with the news ... that I just had to share it with somebody.

Thanks

Gerry
gerrym is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote