View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 07:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default LinJane,

nobody wanted to talk to me about tos, mostly the orthopedic doc that diagnosed it. My pcp at the time, I felt, was perceiving me as a histrionic hypochondriac.

ALL I wanted was one person to listen to me, and perhaps that one person taking a chance with maybe some amytryptillin (sp?). I decided to travel 100 miles thru a big city to my husband's hometown to see the family doc we grew up with, and finally, finally, someone sat down and listened. I had shaded in the places on my neck, shoulders, traps. arms and scapular area.
He looked at that, listened to me (took maybe 20 min.) and then ordered an mri which only showed c-spine stuff, but enough for him and me to feel comfortable trying the elavil (amitryptillin). That night and every night since then I've slept better than I EVER had to that point. I didn't realize I wasn't sleeping well, I NEVER HAD. Possibly some of my relief was just the placebo effect of having someone not absolutely blow me off. He listened, he ordered and I'll bypass the big city anytime for the good old country doc who, despite what they think in the big city, knows his stuff better than any of them. My best to you. phoebe
phoebe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote