View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 08:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hello, new to this forum....

Hi everyone,

I usually go to rsd site because that is what I have been diagnosed with to my right upper extremity. I guess I am wondering if there is any way to definitively tell the difference between rsd and tos. I ask because the symptoms are so similar and because I have some of the predisposing conditions linked to tos. I hope I am making sense....I guess I should give some of my medical hx?

I was thrown into a metal door frame while at work in 2004. I developed excruciating pain to front of the shoulder. My ortho doc suspected a rotator cuff tear and ordered an mri which did not show a tear but pain continued despite cortisone injections and physical therapy. He eventually scoped my shoulder and did indeed find a medium size full thickness tear and repaired it while he was in there. He also did an acromioplasty and debrided a tendon and diagnosed me with impingement syndrome. After the surgery the pain to the front of the shoulder disappeared but unfortunately I developed persistent, chronic pain to the back of the shoulder. I went to physical therapy religiously and had many, many more steroid injections but was unable to lift my arm above waist level.
So my doctor said "frozen shouler" and did a second surgery to remove build up of scar tissue. (sorry to go on and on) anyway, after second surgery I again had persistent pain to back of shoulder but I switched pt's and did manage to regain full range of motion. However, I also developed a tremor to my right hand, tingling and numbness to the right hand, mottling to the right arm, my left hand is almost always colder than the right and my physical therapist said that i have a winged scapula and that my arm doesn't glide right and also had large fibrous bands to the back of shoulder. I also have extreme weakness to right arm, lifting it up and/or holding it up, even to type this causes extreme discomfort.... (again I apologize for the length of this post ) I have recently started seeing a chiropractor who took x-rays of my neck and he says i have extreme forward head posture, my pain management doc thinks i may also have cervical radiculopathy and I think I may have tos with rsd or maybe just tos? anyway, I have read quite a bit about this syndrome but would really appreciate hearing from people who have first hand knowledge. Your thoughts, responses will be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for your time and consideration. jenny
jennyk38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote