View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 10:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I think those are both good points Linda and Wberry..... People look at you funny when you say I can't do X because I hurt. Then they see or hear that you take X pain med, and think you're just looking for a fix (*cough* ER trip *cough*). I too try not to show the pain, but I'm starting to let the people around me know when I am hurting, so that HOPEFULLY they'll understand - a little.

Wberry- you're right- most docs would to the emg, mri, xray, blah blah blah, not see anything too abnormal and then just dismiss you as a headcase. Where are you located? Keep trying to find those that won't do that. Look at our sticky with Dr's names at the top of the forum. I happened to luck out and get referred to a PM (trained as a neurologist, so double whammy of good luck ) who DIDN'T look at me that way, who actually seems to care and listen and wants to help me get better. That, and he is a no-BS kind of guy...good in my book.

Currently redefining 8,9,10 ......

dabbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote