View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 12:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

I've been inundated doing the court things today, and only now checked my messages and saw the notification for this topic.

Actually, even if you have the most expensive Teflon pans, for instance I'd paid nearly $70 each for mine back when I was a Realtor, the fact is that when they heat up to a certain temperature, as for instance that to sautee garlic... they give off fumes, and the fumes make you/me feel like we have the flu.

I mentioned this to my therapist back when I first found out about my brain damage, and she said she'd lost dozens of love birds from Teflon heating up like that. Just once... after that she got rid of her pans.

I saw an investigative piece on it on telly, and then I googled it, this is several years ago, now.

Teflon is not good for our health.

Melody, I'm so sorry to read about your friend.

Did you ever see the quite good program Oprah did on anorexia? There was a clinic someplace, I forget where, that focused on giving people a lot of love and positive reinforcement. Just a huge amount of warmth and love, and they had a tremendously good result. But I think it was pretty expensive because it was intensive people to people care.