View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 02:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default can anyone do anything to help us with TOS?

I came across this site looking for information on TOS. My symptoms started with just the left extremity 4 1/2 years ago. They diagnosed me with ulnar nerve entrapment and proceeded to do surgery. While in p/t and recovering I was having same symptoms on my right arm. I went in for an EMG test which showed that the ulnar nerve was trapped at the elbow and tested worse than my left had. It also showed I have severe carpal tunnel syndrome. Surgery was performed and 8 months later pain, numbess and tingling worse than ever. Another EMG test and yet a 2nd surgery for the ulnar nerve and carpal tunnel. January of 2006 a 3rd EMG test was performed. This time it still showed sever nerve entrapment at the elbow, carpal tunnel and now Guyon's Syndrome..just keeps getting better. After months and months of fighting the Worker's Compensation system I had my third surgery in October of 2006. And to no surprise no success. My hand surgery decided to send me to the neurologist which proceeded a series of tests such as CT scan, and MRI and an SSEP test. One test showed nothing, one showed ulnar nerve entrapment at elbow and wrist and one showed several different issues going on in my neck. My face from my cheek bone down has now been numb for 6 months. Today I went in for a Scalene Block. My face is worse than ever, my shoulder feels as though someone crushed it with a bat, the numbess in my little and ring finger is still there along with elbow pain. However , my neck feels great!!!! Go figure. I was then told I am not a candidate for TOS surgery although I was diagnosed with having it today. They suggest going back and asking neuro to request authorization for a Botox injection instead. Along with making an appt. with the hand surgeon because bascially the consensus is that my nerves are pinched in atleast 5 different locations and no one can decide which area to try to free first. Fighting the system and the medical field has been frustration. I am at the point of giving up. I am on vicodin, oxycontin, lyrica, and valium. Yet I cannot sleep due to the pain. Nothing works anymore my body is immune. I feel for all those out there that have this debiliating syndrome as it is so difficult to find answers let alone relief.
richs'baby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote