View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 08:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Bobbi!

I am glad you mentioned this. I have had injections since 2003 and have yet to have something severe as Arachnoiditis develop. The amount of steroid too, I might add, is very miniscule. And I would much, much, much prefer an injection over handfuls of meds. But that is me. And you are right...no flouroscopy = run for the hills! Just don't do it!!! And people need to remember too...these are diagnostic injections as well...not just therapeutic. And there ARE side effects with steroids, that's why a GOOD doc won't give injections just one after the other. If anything, mine are months apart. Anyway, you are right...no need for hysteria. I don't see droves of people leaving the spine centers either.

And just for the record. I just got off of a Medrol Dosepak. I hated it for various reasons. The injections NEVER do me the way the dosepak did. Not only that but my PM has said many, many times...most of the meds just won't get down deep enough to get to that type of neuropathic pain or rather the nerve root.

But going in blindly? No PM I have ever had has done that. They always use flouroscopy, limit the amount of injections and then take it from there...an RF or some other kind of procedure.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote