View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 09:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Vic,
well i must say you have taken me back to my A&P, cellular level, days of nursing school with these postings and i am intrigued. i am going to read up more on ischemia and give it some though as to the connection of my own problems. i also have nerve palsy from the hip surgery that lead to my RSD so i tend to get the signs and symptoms bunched into one ball and am never sure which is coming from what.
i can tell you i have often thought that if my leg was 'positioned wrong' during a 6 hour surgery, which is what they tell me happened, there was probably not just a stretching of the nerve as was told to me, but a lack of proper blood flow during the event.
so you have peaked my interest, and although i tend to accept my RSD as forever, i do hold out that 'something', that is totally not being researched, is the answer to the cure for us all. i say that, because i do not think any doctors have a clue to the disease, and all are just using what they believe is the best way to 'control' the symptoms. i am not interested in control, i am interested in a cure. i research and control my own pain with a doctor i had worked with in the hospital for years, who lets me pick and choose what i want.
so i will be reading along with your postings and look forward to the educational recall you are giving me.
i will also pray that HE does not take you for a long time despite your willness to go, i think you have more work to do, i think we all do ....
joan