View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 07:34 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb Hi Sydney...

Sorry I haven't been back sooner, but I had to work this weekend.

I don't know what carnivora is...looking it up:
I see now... this is an immune booster. I don't see how it would be an agent
to reduce pain. If you have any autoimmune issues, I would be leary about it.

But I do want to respond to your pain questions. And ask a couple too.
Does your pain resemble NERVE pain, or muscle pain/tightness?

Here is a really good article on regional pain syndromes:
http://www.rsdfoundation.org/en/Prev...RSD_Intro.html
Check out the Vit C information!

You know, nerve pain can also be a sign of low B12 status. And some studies
have found low B12 in the spinal cord fluid of patients with fibro. So taking
the methylcobalamin we discuss here might be an option for you. I'd also take it with a B-complex, so you get folic acid and B6 too.

The NMDA receptors are run by calcium. Magnesium blocks them to some extent and reduces pain signals. So taking a magnesium supplement if you do not eat foods high in magnesium (certain whole foods/nuts) may help too.
I just saw a post on RSD here that someone is getting a magnesium infusion from their doctor.
http://forums.braintalk2.org/showthread.php?t=1348

My magnesium thread has a link in it for a magnesium cream from Kirkman labs, and that might help you to rub in to specific sites, as an experiment to see if that works for you.

If you feel you have MUSCLE issues from the Fibro...then I would suggest a trial of l-carnitine. This amino acid works well for me. Sometimes it is hard to distinguish the type of pain you are having. I remember years ago the aching in my muscles (before I took a good look at supplements/lifestyle changes), was thought to be Fibro by my doctor. But luckily it is not.

I do have some food intolerances, gluten, and recently I discovered orange juice(citrus) contribute to my pain/arthritis in my knees. So sometimes an elimination diet can be very revealing to the patient!

The anti-inflammatory diet is basically one that improves and reduces excess cytokines which cause pain. If you are interested in this idea, go to the link I provided in that thread. You can improve inflammation by taking fish oil supplements. Since you do not take many drugs (or blood thinners), you could try 3 grams a day in divided doses, with food. This is a jump start to the eating program of the anti-inflammatory diet. Curcumin and ginger are also
nice to add for their effects.

I'd like to add also that some people are posting now (at the old forum) that they had fibro issues, and their doctors did Vit D testing on them and were found to be very LOW. So you might want to have your doctor test you too...this would then be correctable.
There is a vitamin D thread here, with articles you can read as well.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 09-26-2006 at 07:52 AM. Reason: adding information...
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote