View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 12:18 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Shattered and Steash, you both have my heartfelt sympathy as well. I know how painful such losses can be. My closest sister died suddenly from a heart defect when she was twelve and I was thirteen. The last time I saw her alive she was healthy and happy and we were on our way to school. Then at noon a relative showed up to take me out of school. And my sister died before midnight, so I never had a chance to see her in the hospital at all.

All I can say is that it's true you never completely get over the grief, but at least with time you learn to deal with it better. It loses it's power to dominate your life and make everything around you seem bitter. For months after my sister's funeral, I had dreams that it was all a mistake, and she was actually still alive. Now I don't have those dreams anymore. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but it does leave me feeling less sadness.

I really, really hope that both of you feel better soon, and that the heartbreak you feel right now loses the sharpness it has in your hearts.

Idealist
Idealist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote