Thread: veinogram
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 03:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hi Fern

I had a veinogram done pre surgery and it was due to total occlusion on my ultrasound. I had an 80% occlusion in my subclavian vein. I was then considered a vascular tos pt. you can form scars and also with the issues in your vein and the occlusion you are at risk for clots as well. I hope that this helps. I have since failed my tos surgery I was six months post op pain free until the pt messed it up hardcore (I AM NOT BITTER)

Not to know what lyrica is seems a little strange but then consider that surgeons are of their own breed. They cut and go.....so to speak. Not to say they don't know what is going on, but they are certainly cut from a different cloth than a neurologist.

As for the x-ray they may be looking for disc issues to make sure that a herniated disc or fracture in your spine has not caused the issues in your arm/s. Also they may have been looking for abnormal things in your bones aside from the fact they will bill for their own x-rays as well.

He thinks tos ...as a vascular guy....so he sees occluded vessels and not thinking of the neurological side of things. If he sees vascular compression then that is all he sees. So tread lightly know that you have more knowledge in your backpack of tricks and that you can make a difference by guiding your care. Remember that surgeons "know all" so you can't tell them anything but things posed as questions mean he gets to show his knowledge to you!!

A lot of docs don't even know of tos so at least you have a surgeon who knows what he is doing surgery wise and if you have total occlusion with the ultrasound then you perhaps need to remember that clots and no blood to areas is a bad thing!!!!!! So go with your gut!!! Remember that you have the power but listen listen listen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care and best of luck hope this helps,
love and hugs,
Victoria

How poor are they who have not patience!
What wound did ever heal but by degrees.

gibbrn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote