Thread: Lost Friends
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 06:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default How sad, Yam

Yam...I read with sadness your post related to friends...how they seem not to want you in their lives...seemingly, based on your having PD...its changes...for you...and for them. I'm not too sure that I can really add anything more meaningful, here, than what others have already said...all so true. I think, though, that I would just like to offer this. I believe that it is times like this in our lives that we really have to examine and understand the real meaning of "friend"...to differentiate between "friend" and "acquaintance". I think that, in life, one is very fortunate to have even ONE "friend", i.e., one who is able to see far betond the surface...who is able to go into your heart, mind and soul to discover exactly who you are. It is true...people sometimes are unable to cope with what they encounter in another as a result of having PD...but, I still maintain that a "friend" will take the time...make the effort...to do what is necessary to cope...to better understand what's happening...and to want to be "there" for another...perhaps even more than ever simply BECAUSE the need is greater than ever to be a "true friend". If I were you, I would examine very closely all those who have made the choice to exclude you from their lives, and try to arrive at a decision as to whether or not these people EVER were good "friends" in the real sense of that word...and try to think of it as "their loss", not yours. You know the kind of person you are...apparently, they don't...and it is this, precisely, that renders them not deserving of the word "friend". As others here have said...you will have good friends, here, Yam. We may not be as tangible as those who have cast you aside, but we are "here" for you...understanding so well your need for real friendship. Just stay with us...you have found a very safe haven, here.

Therese
Virginia Therese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote