Thread: Blocks??
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 07:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Aww, Jac... I know just what you are going through! Poor girlie... RSD in the mouth/ face... it's rough! ((hugs))!!!!

Yes, any little thing *can* potentially spread RSD. I ran (when my RSD was just in my arms) and RSD spread to my legs... it's like that sometimes.

Make sure you do eat, even though it hurts so bad! I found that sometimes mint/ menthol helped the pain, and I have gotten so desperate that I've just used oragel!!

Make sure to keep the jaw moving... it might lock on you, unfortunately. With muscle spasms there my jaw locks all the way there. I am on Baclofen and that has helped my spasms and tremors dramatically. Are you on a muscle relaxant?

Gum is a great jaw PT exercise. I use that to help keep my jaw moving. The hard thing is the jaw pain and teeth pain caused by it. Also, you might find that you get headaches from it?? I already got headaches but they did worsen with the RSD in my face/ mouth (entire head actually along with my throat).

(((PAIN FREE HUGS))). Hang in there! Keep me updated... email if you want- I sure hope this helped. I hope you find relief somewhere soon.

ETA: I found that Neurontin and Lyrica gave me the most relief from the allodynia in my throat and mouth, as well as face. Are you on either??

Last edited by InHisHands; 08-17-2007 at 03:20 AM.
InHisHands is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote