Thread: Lamictal woes
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 08:44 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Hi Deb,

Sorry this is so late. I really don't have an opinion as to what you should take; just my personal feelings, which are that I hate to take everything...even grape seed extract.

My stomach doesn't like the capsules, so I take them with a lot of coffee and/or food, and that works pretty well for me. I think I would try sitting upright for an hour before putting yet another pill in me.

Rogue, I honestly don't know what to say. If you read my post on allodynia, you know that the GABAs work in exactly the same way against RSD as epilepsy: delaying or minimizing, if not preventing, system overload.

I'd probably mention to my doc that it helps with RSD pain too (the one you think may know most about GABAs), and see if titrating it could help.

I'm really conservative, and worry about overstimulating anything; lest the normal process get lazy and just let the synthetic GABAs do the work. And, of course. since it affects many of the brain's synapses, is there a maximum safe limit?

I hope something might be worked out, as GABAs are pretty effective for a lot of people. Certainly not "pain-killers", but they can reduce it just enough to make life a little more tolerable...Vic

The great end of life is not knowldege but action. T. H. Huxley

When in doubt, ask: What would Jimmy Buffett do?

email: :
Vicc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote