Thread: Lost Friends
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 08:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregD View Post
Yam - Yes it's a terrible thing to have those whom you thought were friends fade away because of an illness. The way I see it, they weren't real friends anyway.
I had a guy that I grew up with do this to me. We were thick as thieves. If one was around, the other wasn't far behind. As the PD started to take it's toll, he quit coming around as often. Now I might see him once a year. The last time I saw him I asked what the deal was. He said that it hurt him so much to see me in this condition. He wants to remember me the way I was. Personally, I think that's a lame excuse but that's the way it is.
Others have mentioned joining a PD support group. I agree. I have made new friends who know what I am dealing with. Friends that could be here at 4:00am if I needed them to be. Yes, this can be a lonely disease. Or not.

GregD
Greg..Sometimes I wonder if people disappear because they figure they will have to do things for us all the time?..Favors, etc