Thread: Lost Friends
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 09:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default What is a friend?

Someone who will go that extra mile with you.
Someone who tries to understand,even if they find it hard.
One who will place your needs above their own,willingly,gladly,and without wanting "PAY BACK"
One who needs only to say "I am here and I care." and you know they mean it.
Someone who will spontaneously do something to brighten your day,however small.The thought and the desire to make you feel better is enough.
A person who having spent time with you,leaves you feeling better about yourself than at the start.
A friend is someone who you can share your innermost thoughts with...and know they will not turn away.
Someone who "hears" you.And I mean...really "hears" you.
A friend can share your hopes and fears,and level with you about the reality of them.
A friend is someone you can sit in silence with comfortably...and still feel as if you have had a terrific time together.
Someone who arrives at your home,and notices just one thing that they can do to help out,and actually walk the walk..not just talk the talk.

A friend is someone who is at the other end of a phone,but who can say truthfully..." I am busy right now but I will get back to you as soon as I can" and they do.And you can be reassured that they will.
A true friend will not make false excuses.They will not skirt the issue.
They won`t ever say anything to hurt you.Or if they inadvertantly do,they will put it right.
Someone who will spend time thinking of ways to build you up,but not falsely.
Someone who doesn`t keep a tab on all that they do for you.

A true friend is a stress free zone,a comforter,a place of warmth,of safety and is solid and dependable.
Someone who thinks nothing of giving up their favourite tv show/baseball match...in order to be by your side .

How many of us know these type of friends? How many of us can count on one hand this type of friend?

Yam...some friends are no more than ships which pass in the night.Others dock next to you and drop anchor.

I`d say there are quite a number of anchored ships,here on this forum.

x
steffi 001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote