View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 11:14 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Well, I sent 3 email "get well" messages to Texas Rangers baseball player that had the TOS surgery {Hank Blalock??} - but I suppose those didn't even get to him actually. I never got any reply.
Wasn't really expecting one though.
It would have been interesting to hear how how was doing post op.

My chiro is not well known or a big name but he knows his business.
The advanced PT guy that was a teacher to PT students he just had his own PT clinic.
I went to both of them independently on my own - I found the PT guy via his nice website that had TOS info on it. {that site is down now for some reason }
And the chiro - I totally stumbled upon his booth at the local county fair in 04 when i was in a major spasms flare He was so concerned and helpful right then - I felt I could trust him to help me and he did.

Neither one of them has a big name or mega bucks place- but I think that is an advantage- they aren't confined by the traditional Ins/Hospital constraints.

Well I guess I babbled on and got kind of off the topic-

But it got me thinking that these 2 guys DID listen to me and not blow me off. They actually did a lot more of the physical testing than any of the Drs ever did, and much more in-depth testing than what was done by the "traditional" PT/evaluations rx'd by the Drs.
But maybe most of all they really seemed to care about helping me to get better.
Not just -make an appt, see the dr for a few minutes and say a few words and poof see ya in a month. I hated that! most of that run around was for the w/c baloney..

hmmm I guess I still can get wound up about that

best of luck to all of you going thru that system