View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 05:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Medhelp - every docotr I go agrees with you, that my thyroid is normal right now. I just saw a hematologist yesterday. She ran blood work in her office, of course she was able to have the cbc results right away and she said everything looks ok and that I am not anemic. She wants me to come back in two weeks and if my b12 level is still low she is going to start me on shots and show me how to do them myself. She mentioned about doing the mma and the hcy (?) She also said her lab forgot to do a clotting factor and she seemed very interested in that and wants to run that test in two weeks. She asked me like 2 or 3 times about arthitis and if my joints hurt. She kept refering to her fingers, at the time I said no, I have no pain in my joints. I do have osteo. in my knees, a pain that comes and goes in my hip and lower and upper back pain. The back pain I think is from an accident. My knees have been grinding and poping for years, i never give them a thought anymore. The hip I have know idea, it comes and goes, sor I forgot to mention that. I was so happy to be going to see this doctor I thought finaly I would get some answers. But as I was leaving she looked right at me and said that a low b12 level should not be making me so exhuasted. I lost a little faith after that comment. How could a hematologist not know about b12? When I go back in two weeks I will get a copy of the blood test resluts. As long as she gives me the shots, Idon't care anymore. I wanted to start taking the sublingal but she told me not to. Which I find a little odd because in the begining of the visit she said the amount of b12 i would get in tablet for would do nothing for me.
cat265 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote