Old 08-17-2007, 06:19 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default dear vickie

oh my vickie
do you ever reread what you write?
well you have the right to believe that war is great, but do you really believe in killing?
does killing keep you neutral??

I must say - I disagree with everything you wrote.
wars are real life horror... I can't watch the fake movies that show reinactments of war...have you ever actually been in a battle field?
my father saw WWII -he said war was hell -he hated the vietnam war, and the boys being killed to make ruthless men rich.
their is a quote from Thomas Jefferson -banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies

here is what war is about:
http://www.freedomdomain.com/bankquot.html

truman was from missouri -and he was voted in by the mafia - I have read real history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlhperry View Post
1. By dropping the atomic bombs on Hiroshima we saved millions of American lives. If we remained pacifist and neutral regarding our stand on World War II much longer, we all might be saying, "Heil Hitler!" rather than "Our Father."

2. I am tired of everyone beating up on President Bush for not forgetting those that were killed in the 9/11 terrorist attack. His desire to stomp out terrorism so we will not ever experience the shock of watching jet planes deliberately and viciously dive into the twin towers. We are a union of states with more responsibility to help smaller nations who cower under terrorism leadership. As St. Paul pointed out, "Christianity is made up of many parts each with different gifts." If everyone would just use their own gifts and stop telling others how to think or how to use their gifts, we would be one happier country. As one famous democratic president once began his acceptance of the Presidency, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country." Sounds an awful lot like the Golden Rule to me.

3. Before Kennedy was shot the people of the United States had an 80% approval rating and trusted the members of our government to run the country. After his assassination, that number dropped to under 30% because of all the conspiracy theories floating about. It is alot more interesting to listen to negative conspiracy theories rather than trust that the world will still be fine when you wake up. It is much easier to believe the gossips who slander President Bush and claim he knew there were no "weapons of mass destruction" and the reason he invaded the middle east was to gain control of the oil supplies. It is much harder to believe that he was given bad information and his motive was to put down terrorism.

4. My son served in Iraq and said the people are like children. They accept living in poverty because they have been kept isolated from the free world and can't believe their lives could be improved. They are too frightened to fight the extremist and lose what little they have.

Those are my thoughts after looking at the web-movie. I am willing to share my opinion, but will not waste time defending it. I have no desire to get into a free for all with others who want to "discuss" it. The movie was extremely slanted and told only a very small part of the story. If you are truly interested in history you might consider reading, "Reclaiming History" by Vincent Bugliosi, author of "Helter Skelter." I should warn you though, the book has 1,512 pages and so many reference material a disk is included as the book would be to heavy to pick up if they were printed out.

Vicky

by
, on Flickr
pd documentary - part 2 and 3

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.