View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 06:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Friends

Thanks to all of you for your responses.

Z-Flower - Thanks. I'm glad your father found some relief.

Paula - I'm hanging on by a thread - I about lost it last night when I found out the local guy couldn't even get started with looking at ECT until Sept 27. More of the little blue pills are helping keep it glued together.

Oyster - My depression started when i was in High School, and I had my first really bad round in grad school - 37 years ago. I think it has operated independently of the PD, though I have no doubts that PD was responsible for the last round being so long and so deep, or for the current round being sudden and severe.

(Let me see if I can remember the list, just out of curiosity, I've never actually looked at the whole thing. I've got things in here for depression, ADD and anxiety: Xanax, Prozac, imiprimine, desiprimine, Concerta, lorazepam, Srattera, lexapro, lamictal, provigil, celexa, effexor, temazepam, aleropam, Buspar, Remeron, Wellbutrin --and I'm sure there were a couple more I've forgotten.) They all have the same pattern - they work fine, we adjust dosages until things are stable for six or twelve months, then we start increasing dosages to maintain the effect, until we are maxed out, then start another which first means cutting back on the levels of one so that it doesn't cause really harmful side-effects.

The Parkinson's meds are doing much the same thing, which I guess is the normal thing for them. Until we get the depression stuff sorted out, then we can't even begin to look at DBS, which I am certainly interested in.

Mamafigure - What sort of side-effect's did you have? The one's that I have looked at so far are temporary short-term memory loss, and short-term balance problems - which should when they fade away leave ne in better shape than I am now with PD. I'd be curious to learn more.

Rereading all of the above I'd be inclined to give myself a sarcastic "Alas and alack! Oh, woe is me"; except that I know all too well where this can lead. Thanks to you all for listening to me, and I'll keep hanging in there. One thing I know from past experiences - God will be carrying me, even when I can't see Him. But He won't keep me from leaping out of his hands either - it's this darn free will thing that he gave us.

Love to all