View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 08:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hi jenny,
i feel the same way about many people in the medical field, maybe because i know better. but i do know there are good and bad everything, doctors, nurses, PT, lawyers etc., except for insurance claimers when you are fighting for your disability, they are all bad! ha! but then again i have a super lawyer so it does not matter now.
i did read some of the donny thread and will go back to that for the info on the supplements. thank you.
yes, i had reactions in the hospital in surgery, to morphine and fentanyl. so i cannot take much and do worry about the future and what i will be able to do for pain. it is strange my liver is healthy but will not breakdown many medications. weird, eh? i figured this out with a pharmacist who did a cross study of all the meds that I was reacting to and there was no correlation. so it was the liver, i went back and talked to my pcp about it and he said he had heard of it but had never seen it but it is refered to as a virgin liver. i was not amused ... ha! anyhow, it is bad news for me which is why i try to look at the natural ways to deal with this.
Tranxene is like an ativan or librium but not found to be habit forming, as if i cared at that point! but i have been taking 7.5mg at bedtime for years and have never had to increase it. it is great for panic, i had that bad for a while.
we all get angry frustrated and downright crazy at times with this so you are not alone there.
joan