View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 01:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Workers comp - Compensation - Medical

I am in the middle of a very long and frustrating Worker comp case involving my neck. I have cervical spondylolisthesis and I've been rated by my QME as having a 26 percent disability. This has not been to court yet and is still up for review between lawyers. I have a worthless lawyer who only forwards correspondence from the other lawyers office and held one deposition for me. I am taking my case into my own hands but kept the lawyer as I'm not educated on the law part of this whole thing. In any event, I'm looking for information from anyone out there that knows about compensation and how that works. I want future medical care and my lawyer states he is also going for $$ compensation. Does anyone know how to figure out the calculation of how much the award should be? I'm also permanently disabled due to a horse accident, (this does not have any bearing on the neck injury) and I was wondering how this would effect my medicare also. Can medicare hold the amount awarded in a fund and I would only use that for neck treatment? Or if the medical is awarded do they just put some funds in an account in medicare and I would also get a $$ award. I wanted $$ so I could get the treatment I want instead of what medicare allows. I need massage, accupuncture and chiropractic. Any links to sites or experiences would be greatly appreciated. Also, links to worker comp cases similiar to mine. I have cervical spondylolisthesis with a bulging disk.

Thanks
oggie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote