View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 02:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default PCS symptoms, what kind of symptoms and feelings do you have

Hi, I'm glad to read that some of you are getting better. It's been three month since my accident and I also have good days and bad days. Today seems a little better and my head doesn't really hurt, but I still feel lightheaded. I still find it hard to drive my car and using the computer or doing other work that requires concentration for any lengths of time. Some of my symtoms are much better, like I don't get nauseated any more and I can taste food again. I was on anti-anxiety medication for a short time and that really helped me get back to a normal sleep pattern.

Like Applesap and Mint, I also got a lot worse after trying to get back to exercise. It happened about a week and a half after my crash and my doctor thought it would be good for my legs to go on an easy bike ride (I had a lot of bruises on my lower legs.) The ride went well, but the next day I started to feel worse and went back to the ER the following day thinking my head was going to explode.

Like Applesap, I'm also from Europe, but have been in the US for over twenty years. I'm wondering if anybody has any suggestions on what to take for the tension headaches. Mine seem to start from the back of my head and I'm still taking Fioricet (Butalbital/Tylenol/Caffeine) every day and sometimes they don't seem to work at all. Is there anything that can help with the lightheadedness? Like some of you, morning are usually the worst and it takes me hours before I can get going, also I don't feel fatigue. I'm going back to my doctor on Monday.

One more question, does anybody have any experience with Elavil (Amytriptyline)? A nurse friend told me it might help with headaches.

Sorry to be asking all these questions, just desperate to get back to normal again.
Sissy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote