View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 09:05 AM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Default Things are a little slow here~

Hi everyone,

Things don't really feel back to normal yet. I think it is great to be able to reconnect with each other again, but at least I am still waiting for the old forum to come up, which I understand shouldbe back by early September with our data intact close to where it was at when BT went down.

I hope when it does come back that there will be some continuation of forum feedback topics that began here for the health of the overall community.... The banning of Monica without any warning was unfair in my opinion, and that is probably my single biggest complaint on a personal level. And while I can understand not discussing / questioning moderator decisions publicly, there does need to be some mechanism for communication about and appeal of such decisions. Living under fear of banishment for wanting to offer support to another member is not ideal. I'd much prefer having a platform for reasonable discussion...maybe a special forum to discuss such matters...somewhat like the religion folder at Delphi...where access is controlled and sensitive subjects remain off the beaten path.

The absence of communication regarding this last downtime was a little disconcerting as well. Heck...an email sent out to the top twenty posters at Braintalk...would have gone a long way to let people know what was up. It wasn't just the downtime, but the not knowing if it would ever really come back. I guess we are still sort of waiting on that~

It looks like there is a possibility that a new forum may spring here through Pysch Central. I guess I have a certain loyalty to BT because I have been there since Fall of 1999 and where I found my answers to better health and have forged alliances, and I would like to return there and hope that some of the administrative glitches improve. For the most part, I think it was a fine place.

It needn't really be said that everyone is free to make their own choice on which way to turn, as that is obvious. What I want to make clear is that I won't personally feel abandoned by anyone who has stronger gripes against BrainTalk and opts to move on. That doesn't mean I wouldn't be sad about it. But, I truly do believe that the world is a big place, and if there is another split we will all continue to work together for our common goals of support and education, and everyone has to do what is in their own best interest.

And of course, I'm a little curious about whether BT will have any problem with me creating the new format of TGF. I've always thought BT ownership rights were about protecting us, and that since TGF was my concept and posted by me, that I have ownership rights, too. I don't mean to exclude all the fine contributions people have offered either, but IMO nobody really owns the information except for the copyright owners of the articles I include~ It is a completely new format, new creation, etc. I'd like to keep TGF as a website now that I have gone through the effort of putting it there, but link it back to BrainTalk for discussion. But, in any case, if I am banned or something...I guess my opinion might change and I'd be moving on too, lol!

So...anyway... I hope soon things will get back to normal...one way or another. I am heading off on vacation tonight, and won't be back until after Labor day~ OK, so my motel does have free wireless and my husband does travel with his laptop, and I will probably check in at least once...lol.

Cara

Last edited by jccgf; 08-28-2006 at 03:14 PM.
jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote